This workshop will show you how to play more interesting, creative versions of familiar fingerstyle blues tunes by increasing your chord vocabulary and explaining where and how to use all those new voicings. Through a mix of instruction, Q&A and master class-style on-screen participation you'll learn how to:
- Find and connect the chord voicings you need all the way up the neck
- Make your open position playing come alive with secondary dominants and tritone substitutions
- Bring new colors to your steady bass and alternating-thumb improvising with altered and diminished chords
- Transpose your new chord vocabulary into different keys
- Use chord substitutions to evoke various styles of blues and jazz
Blues Chord Substitutions is a live-online streaming workshop run on the Zoom platform. Each class session will be recorded and archived online for three months after the course concludes in October.
Six Sessions: Sept 5, 12, 19, 26 • Oct 3, 10
Time: 7:00-8:30pm CST
Class Size: 12
"A really nice addition to your videos in terms of learning and more detailed communication. I loved the window on the other folks' learning too." – Simon L.
"The best way to learn." – Jon B.